Our donors are generous people who want to make a difference. Some already know the organizations they want to support, and some don’t. In either case, our goals are the same. We strive to:
- Make giving easy, effective and enduring
- Achieve greater impact by pooling resources
- Support donors’ goals with our research and knowledge about area nonprofits
5 steps to giving
- Choose a fund that meets your needs. Do you want to invest in an existing Community Impact Fund or start a fund of your own? The answer to this question will always depend on your particular goals and circumstances. Learn how we can partner with you.
- Decide which assets to donate. Most often, you can achieve maximum tax benefit through donation of appreciated securities or real property. Talk to us or your professional advisor for more information. If you elect to contribute publicly-traded securities, please complete a gift instruction letter for stock/shares.
- Complete the paperwork. If you contribute to a Community Impact Fund, all you need to get started is a gift of any size. If you decide to start your own fund, download the fund agreement that suits your needs and call us with any questions you may have. Our fund agreements are only two pages long, and we often can establish a new fund in one day.
- Tell us about your goals. We’re here to help you achieve your philanthropic agenda. For some people, making effective grants is paramount; for others, it is developing a planned giving strategy that involves the whole family. These are not mutually exclusive objectives. We’re happy to discuss what you want to achieve so we can help you get there. What we learn about your goals is confidential and used only to help you gain greater clarity and focus.
- Help the community by making us smarter. The Community Foundation is not just a collection of charitable funds. We are a collection of the experience, wisdom and hope of several hundred donors. Very often, what we learn from you informs our work across all of Napa County, and our work with other donors. Schedule a meeting with us.