Dave Smith Scholarship Fund
The Dave Smith Scholarship Fund benefits graduating seniors who attend public high schools in Napa County and Napa Valley College students who plan to pursue an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer science or music at a community college or four-year college/university. Recipients will receive funding for up to four years of undergraduate study.
• Graduating high school seniors who attend a public high school in Napa County and will be enrolling in a community college or an accredited, non-profit, four-year college/university
•Current Napa Valley College students
$2,000-$4,000 per year for up to four years
All Applicants Must
• Be in good academic standing
• Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0
• Be planning to attend a two- or four-year college/university pursuing an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer science or music
• Demonstrate financial need
• Demonstrate a passion for electrical engineering, computer science or music and clear career goals
• Completed online application
• Three short essays (no more than 250 words) in response to the following questions:
1. Why have you chosen to pursue a degree in the field of electrical engineering, computer science or music?
2. What are your career aspirations? What drew you to pursue a career in the field of electrical engineering, computer science or music? Provide us with specific examples of your dedication to this field.
3. Please tell us about any school experiences, particular circumstances or people that influenced your preparation or motivation to pursue a degree in electrical engineering, computer science or music (e.g., cultural/financial background, first in your family to attend college, teachers, school or extracurricular programs you attended).
• A copy of your unofficial transcript
• A copy of the page from your FAFSA Student Aid Report or California Dream Act Student Aid Report showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)- if applicable
• One academic letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor (preferably a STEM or music teacher), counselor or administratorAPPLY NOW
Download a PDF of these requirements
For questions regarding scholarships, contact Ellen Drayton or Lupe Reyes at (707) 254-9565 or email@example.com
Si tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español sobre las becas, llame a Lupe Reyes al número (707) 254-9565 o mándenos un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org