Edward W. Solomon Scholarship
The Edward W. Solomon Scholarship is offered by CalRTA Napa Valley and administered by Napa Valley Community Foundation. It is awarded in memory of Dr. Edward W. Solomon. The Solomon Scholarship is given to support current Napa County teachers/educators who are continuing their education.
- Current Napa County teachers and educators
- Applicant must have a California teaching credential or certificate
- Applicant must have a current teaching contract in Napa County with a public or private school
- All applicants must be planning to enroll in education
coursework at the university level
Criteria for Selection:
Through an online application and an interview, candidates will be judged on the following criteria:
- Timely and full completion of the written application.
- Strong rationale for requesting the scholarship (in cover letter).
- Long-range goals and time line for their achievement (in cover letter).
- Potential for the funds being used to maximize educational benefit to the students and staff of Napa Valley schools (in cover letter).
- Your perspective on the current field of education, including its challenges.
- Effective personal and communication skills, both written (in cover letter) and oral (during interview)
In addition, applicants must demonstrate the potential for academic success by having been accepted in an upcoming college or university upper division or graduate level education program or course. Community college courses are acceptable only for current teachers who want/need to supplement their credential authorizations, and if the community college course is acceptable to the CTC Credentialing Office.
Please Note: Awarded scholarships must be used between June 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024 and may not be used to reimburse the recipient for tuition or fees already paid
- Candidates whose applications successfully pass through the preliminary screening will be invited to an interview via Zoom to be held on April 19, 2023. Please indicate a time preference from among the choices on the application.
- Scholarship awardees are invited on May 16, 2023 to the luncheon of the Napa Valley Retired Teachers Association. The luncheon meeting is held at the Elk’s Club in Napa.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
Contact Susan Wight (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dee McFarland (email@example.com)APPLY NOW
Download a PDF of the Guidelines & Application Requirements
For questions regarding scholarships, contact Ellen Drayton or Lupe Reyes at (707) 254-9565 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Si tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español sobre las becas, llame a Lupe Reyes al número (707) 254-9565 o mándenos un correo electrónico a email@example.com