El Futuro Educational Scholarship
El Futuro Educational Scholarship is made possible in partnership with the Moulds Family and the Farmworker Foundation and benefits Napa County residents studying for an associate degree in viticulture and/or enology at Napa Valley College or Santa Rosa Junior College. Preference is given to applicants who identify as female or non-binary, BIPOC, and/or LGBTQ+. This scholarship is geared towards students that demonstrate a drive and ambition to succeed in their community, school, or work-related functions. Recipients of the scholarship will receive funding for up to three years while working to complete their associate degree.
- Napa County graduating high school seniors who will be attending Napa Valley College or Santa Rosa Junior College pursuing an associate degree in viticulture or enology during the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Current Napa Valley College or Santa Rosa Junior College students pursuing an associate degree in viticulture or enology during the 2024-2025 academic year.
All applicants must:
- be in good academic standing
- have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0
- first-generation college students (i.e. neither parent has obtained a college degree)
Preference is given to:
- those that identify as female or non-binary, Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC) communities, or LGBTQ+
- those with experience working in a vineyard or winery
Consideration will be given to the candidate’s community involvement
$5,000 per year for up to three years
- Completed online application form
- 500-word essay in response to the question “Why would you like to attend college? Discuss your career and academic goals. Are there any particular circumstances, school experiences, or persons that influenced your preparation or motivation to attend college (e.g., cultural/financial background, first in your family to attend college, teachers, schools you attended)? Please explain.”
- 250 words describing your community service activities and/or work experience
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor, counselor, school administrator, employer or supervisor
Download a PDF of these requirements (English/Spanish)
Download a PDF Flyer for this Scholarship to share
For questions regarding scholarships, contact Lupe Reyes or Jessica Rodriguez at (707) 254-9565 or email@example.com
Si tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español sobre las becas, llame a Lupe Reyes o Jessica Rodriguez al número (707) 254-9565 o mándenos un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org