Healthcare Scholarship Fund
The Healthcare Scholarship is made possible by Queen of the Valley Foundation and benefits Napa County residents enrolled in nursing and respiratory therapy programs at Napa Valley College or Pacific Union College. Previous recipients are eligible to reapply in subsequent years for additional funding while completing their studies.
• Residents of Napa County that will maintain residency throughout their nursing program
• Student enrolled in one of the following nursing programs at Napa Valley College or Pacific Union College:
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Certificate,
• Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Certificate,
• Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN),
• Respiratory Therapy Certificate or Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy (RT)
• Must be in good standing with the school attended most recently, and have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least a 2.5 with that institution
• Current employees of Queen of the Valley Medical Center are not eligible to apply
All Applicants Must:
• Demonstrate financial need
• Demonstrate a desire to remain in the Napa Valley area after they complete their program/degree
• Preference will be given to applicants with a family member in the healthcare field
• Completed online application
• Three short essays (no more than 250 words) in response to the following questions:
1. Why have you chosen to pursue a career in nursing? What is your experience in the field of healthcare (jobs, internships, etc.)? What are your career goals?
2. What impact do you aspire to make as a nurse? Provide us with specific examples of your dedication to this field.
3. What does the Napa Valley community mean to you? What are your plans to remain in Napa County after you complete your studies?
• A copy of your most recent unofficial transcript or a GED Certificate
• One academic letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or administratorAPPLY NOW
Download a PDF of these requirements
Download a PDF Flyer of this scholarship to share
For questions regarding scholarships, contact Jessica Rodriguez at (707) 254-9565 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Si tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español sobre las becas, llame a Jessica Rodriguez al número (707) 254-9565 o mándenos un correo electrónico a email@example.com