Judith B. Cutcomb Scholarship
The Judith B. Cutcomb Scholarship is offered by CalRTA Napa Valley and administered by Napa Valley Community Foundation. It is awarded in memory of Judith B. Cutcomb, a St. Helena educator. The Cutcomb Scholarship supports current St. Helena Unified School District teachers who are continuing their education or graduates of St. Helena High School studying to be educators.
All Applicants must be:
- Teachers/educators currently working in the St. Helena Unified School District, with a California teaching credential or certificate who are continuing their education
- A graduate of St. Helena High School having completed the second year of college in a pre-education field, but not necessarily employed by the St. Helena Unified School District
Criteria for Selection:
Through an online application and an interview, candidates will be judged on the following criteria:
- Timely and full completion of the written application.
- Strong rationale for requesting the scholarship (in cover letter).
- Long-range goals and time line for their achievement (in cover letter).
- Potential for the funds being used to maximize educational benefit to the students and staff of Napa Valley schools (in cover letter).
- Your perspective on the current field of education, including its challenges.
- Effective personal and communication skills, both written (in cover letter) and oral (during interview)
Please Note: Awarded scholarships must be used between June 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024 and may not be used to reimburse the recipient for tuition or fees already paid
- Candidates whose applications successfully pass through the preliminary screening will be invited to an interview via Zoom to be held on April 19, 2023. Please indicate a time preference from among the choices on the application.
- Scholarship awardees are invited on May 16, 2023 to the luncheon of the Napa Valley Retired Teachers Association. The luncheon meeting is held at the Elk’s Club in Napa.
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?APPLY NOW
Download a PDF of the Guidelines & Application Requirements
For questions regarding scholarships, contact Ellen Drayton or Lupe Reyes at (707) 254-9565 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Si tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español sobre las becas, llame a Lupe Reyes al número (707) 254-9565 o mándenos un correo electrónico a email@example.com