Robert Alexander Scott Scholarship
The Robert Alexander Scott Scholarship benefits current vineyard or winery workers, their children and spouses/partners studying for a certificate and/or an associate degree in viticulture and/or enology at Napa Valley College, Santa Rosa Junior College, Allan Hancock College, Cuesta College, Walla Walla Community College or Umpqua Community College. The scholarship is geared toward individuals seeking skills that will allow them to advance above entry-level positions in viticulture and enology. Previous recipients of the scholarship are eligible to reapply in subsequent years while working to complete their certificate and/or associate degree.
The scholarship is geared toward individuals seeking skills that will allow them to advance above entry-level positions in viticulture and enology.
- Current vineyard or winery employees with entry-level positions or positions where the employee does not supervise other employees
- The spouses/partners and children of individuals who are current employees of a vineyard or a winery in entry level positions or positions where the employee does not supervise other employees
$6,000-$10,000 per year
All Applicants Must:
• Be planning to enroll in courses during the fall term 2023 toward the completion of a certificate or associate degree in viticulture or enology
• Attend Napa Valley College, Santa Rosa Junior College, Allan Hancock College, Cuesta College, Walla Walla Community College or Umpqua Community College
• Provide proof of current employment for themselves, their spouse or their parent at a winery, vineyard or vineyard management company (Download a PDF of the requirements for the proof of employment letter)
• Be in good academic standing with the school attended most recently
• Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5
• Demonstrate financial need
• Be planning to attend classes full or part-time
• Completed online application
• Four short essays (no more than 250 words) in response to the following questions:
1. Why have you chosen to pursue a certificate or associate degree in viticulture and/or enology?
2. What experience have you had working in the wine or grape growing industry? What drew you to pursue a career in viticulture and/or enology?
3. What are your career aspirations? What do you hope to be doing in five years?
4. What would this scholarship award mean to you?
• A copy of your most recent unofficial transcript
• A copy of the page from your FAFSA Student Aid Report or California Dream Act Student Aid Report showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)- if applicable
• One letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor, counselor, school administrator, employer or supervisorAPPLY NOW
Download a PDF of the Guidelines & Application Requirements (English & Spanish)
Download a PDF Flyer for this Scholarship to share
For questions regarding scholarships, contact Ellen Drayton or Lupe Reyes at (707) 254-9565 or email@example.com
Si tiene preguntas o necesita ayuda en español sobre las becas, llame a Lupe Reyes al número (707) 254-9565 o mándenos un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org