Here at Napa Valley Community Foundation, we are thrilled to announce the awarding of more than $625,000 in education grants and scholarships this year, marking a significant investment in the future of our community’s students.
2023 Scholarship Highlights:
- Total Scholarship Awarded: $438,210
- Number of Awards: 80
- Beneficiary Students: 66
- Median Award Amount: $2,000
Our scholarship program recipients are attending postsecondary education institutions at all levels. From Napa Valley College to other community colleges, schools in the CSU and UC systems, and private universities, these students are diving into diverse fields such as computer sciences, occupational therapy, business, pre-law, and nursing.
For many of these students, the scholarships are a game-changer. They bridge the gap between dreaming and achieving, often making the difference between pursuing further education or halting after high school. A significant number of these students are also first-generation college-goers. They’re not just pursuing degrees; they’re chasing the American Dream and making their families beam with pride.
2023 Education Grants in Focus:
- Total Education Grants: $188,626
- Beneficiary Nonprofits: 10
At NVCF we believe that all young people have the potential to become confident and contributing adults. However, while gifts and talents are evenly distributed, access and opportunities are not. Our grants have helped level the educational playing field since 2007. We identify and invest in the most effective nonprofits and public agencies that help students build academic and leadership skills to take them from preschool to college. In 2023, we proudly awarded education grants to the following local agencies:
- 10,000 Degrees: For the Community College Success program in Napa County.
- Aim High for High School: Supporting the Napa Aim High 2023 summer program.
- Calistoga Joint Unified School District & Napa Valley Unified School District: Strengthening the AVID program, including teacher training, registration fees, college tours, and parent engagement activities.
- Community Resources for Children: Supporting the Active Minds School Readiness Program.
- Napa County Office of Education: For the Construction & Welding program at Camille Creek Community School.
- Napa Valley Education Foundation: Supporting the Career Readiness Initiative, including the Summer Mentor program.
- On the Move: For the Youth Leadership Academies in Napa County.
- Summer Search: Backing Summer Search’s Napa County programs.
- UpValley Family Centers of Napa County: For the Niños Activos early childhood program.
Join us in celebrating this milestone and the bright futures of our Napa Valley students!